The terms “eco-friendly” and “recyclable” are often used interchangeably by roofing companies but that’s not necessarily accurate.
- Not harmful to the environment
- Sustainable – avoiding the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance
So, while it’s true that all eco-friendly roofs should be recyclable at the end of their lives, they should also provide other environmental benefits. As we will see below, being recyclable is only just the start.
Euroshield® makes eco-friendly roofing shingles from rubber tires that would otherwise end up in the landfill. All of our products are derived from sustainable sources and can be recycled at the end of their lives too.
Our roofs are also permanent solutions. After all, it’s no use choosing a sustainable roof that only lasts 10 or 20 years!
We serve your home far into the future with durable and low-maintenance roofing, while doing our bit for the planet too.Find An Installer
What is a sustainable roof?
A sustainable roof is one that is designed, constructed, maintained, rehabilitated, and demolished with an emphasis on using natural materials and preserving the environment.
It should be made predominantly from recycled material, be able to be recycled at the end of its life, and also keep ongoing energy costs down as much as possible.
An eco-friendly and sustainable roof should also be relatively maintenance-free because, otherwise, homeowners will use extra resources (such as chemicals to prevent peeling or rotting) in order to prolong the life of the roof.
Sustainability should be more than a “buzz phrase” in modern building materials. It needs to be a commitment from manufacturers, installers, and home/business owners.
Euroshield® rubber roofing contains 95 percent recycled rubber. Its main ingredient is recycled tire rubber.
Even the trim and scrap material generated from the manufacturing and installation process is recycled back again into making more Euroshield® roofing products.
All Euroshield® roofing products are fully recyclable at the end of their lifecycle.
They were specifically developed in response to the problem of the deluge of old tires clogging up landfills and dumpsites around North America.
Looking to install a new roof?
Ask us about our products today to find the right roofing option for your home!
Rubber roofing: a durable, low maintenance and beautiful solution
By choosing our rubber roofing, you are opting for a truly eco-friendly roofing product. But you also ensure:
- Extreme durability – all our roofs are permanent solutions (technical Class 4 UL2218)
- Generous warranties – including hail warranties
- Extremely low maintenance – saving you money over the lifetime of the roof
- Resistance to common roofing problems – such as splitting, peeling, cracking, rotting, and fading
- Insulation – energy-efficiency can potentially reduce summertime energy bills
- A great look – your roof can look like authentic chiselled slate or elegant cedar shakes
- Structural integrity – a unique tongue and groove interlocking panel system provides superior protection from wind damage
- Suitability for the North American climate – deals well with hail, temperature variations, etc.
- Sound protection – the rubber helps to deaden outside noise
- Affordability – rubber is well-priced for its longevity, durability, and potential to reduce insurance costs
What makes rubber roofing eco-friendly?
Recycled tire rubber is the major ingredient in all Euroshield® rubber panels. In fact, they are composed of 95% recycled material.
G.E.M. Inc., the manufacturer of Euroshield® Recycled Rubber Roofing Products, uses the majority of the crumb rubber produced by Alberta processors. This means that we save landfills from one of the most visible sources of waste material generated today.
On average, rubber material derived from 400 to 600 tires is required to cover a typical single-family residential home in North America.
Due to stringent quality control related to the handling of recycled materials used in the production process, the end product is the finest rubber roofing product available on the market today.
We have a verified Euroshield installer in all cities across North America. Our process is simple:
- SEARCH for a contractor near you by using our Find an Installer tool
- CONTACT your preferred installer directly and receive a project quote
- INSTALLATION of your roof as agreed with your contractor
- WARRANTY – submit your transferable limited lifetime warranty and never worry about your roof again!
In the Calgary area?
Stop by our showroom and see our roofing products first-hand. Or feel free to contact us Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm at (403) 215-3333 for further assistance.
Why choose Euroshield®?
- Made from 95% recycled material (rubber tires)
- Extremely durable
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Resistant to hail
- Potentially lower insurance premiums
- Generous transferable warranties (non-pro rated)
- Sound deadening & insulating
- The affordable permanent roofing solution
- Adds value to your home
- Aesthetically pleasing
Our warranty program
Rubber tires are made to be highly durable and withstand extreme weather conditions.
This is why we back Euroshield® roofing products to stand the test of time.
All Euroshield roofing products carry a generous hail warranty that provides you with the peace of mind that your roof will withstand whatever the conditions throw at it.
You can also register for your limited lifetime warranty with our warranty forms here.Contact Us
Reducing landfills one roof at a time
To date, we’ve contributed to hundreds of thousands of tires from ending up in landfills and polluting the planet.
That feels good but we can’t escape the feeling that we all need to be doing more.
On average a residential rubber roof requires 400 to 600 tires to produce. With over a billion tires still going to landfills each year, we can’t sell enough roofs to put a huge dent in that number.
However, we can make and sell one roof, then another one, and another one.
That means we continue to do our bit in reducing the harmful effects of tire disposal, which is a global problem.
If you have any inquiries regarding sustainability and our eco-friendly roofs or anything else to do with roofing products, we’d be happy to answer your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions