Few roofing materials can offer the rich and rugged beauty of premium slate.
This beauty, however, comes at a high cost. It’s expensive to quarry, heavy to transport, difficult to install because of the extra truss supports required, and fragile to cut, nail and walk on. It also cracks easily from the impact of sloughing snow and hail.
That’s why we created a slate roof made from rubber!
You get the aesthetic appeal of authentic slate but with the lightness of rubber, unprecedented durability, and comparative longevity – all at a significantly lower cost.
It’s not just any rubber, either. All Euroshield® rubber roofs are manufactured from 95% recycled materials, with the highest quality virgin crumb rubber derived from recycled tires.
So, with Vermont Slate, you not only have a roof that will last a lifetime with the aesthetic appeal of real slate but you also save hundreds of tires from ending up in our landfills.Find An Installer
Why choose a Vermont Slate roof for your home or business?
Any home or business owner needs to balance aesthetics with practicalities when selecting and installing a new roof.
Of course, adding beauty is important for most people but the fact is that buildings in many locations around North America take a battering from the elements.
With your roof, UV exposure from the sun, high winds, and hail are the major concerns to be aware of.
The sun can damage a typical roof in two ways:
- Ultraviolet radiation
- Thermal expansion
These factors are related and work in tandem to break down most roofing materials. Combine that with high winds and you get a clearer picture of why most roofing products don’t live up to their estimated lifetimes.
Thousands of roofs are also lost each year to hail damage in North America, especially in the hail alley area stretching from Texas to Washington state and the Midwest, up to southern Canada, across to Maine, and down to Florida.
A Vermont Slate roof helps you get the balance between beauty and protection right.
You get the rich texture, edge detailing and fine-grain features of real slate but your home is also protected from the risks posed by the elements:
- Hailstone protection with unmatched Class 4 UL2218 Impact resistance
- A 50-year warranty, which includes resistance to hail* (see warranty for details)
- Wind testing to 160 mph for two hours of continuous exposure at PRI Labs in Tampa, Florida
- Increased amounts of carbon black with the ability to absorb otherwise damaging ultraviolet rays
Vermont Slate panels are light, easy, and cost-effective to install and roofs are virtually maintenance-free, saving you time and money.
The unbeatable warranty provides peace of mind that, once you have installed your roof, your investment will be protected for a lifetime.
At Euroshield®, our standards are higher.
A Vermont Slate roof is the perfect marriage of the beauty you can see, the quality you can feel, and the durability you can trust. Get in touch to find out if this is the right roofing option for your home!
Benefits of a Vermont Slate HP roof
- Independently tested in the US and Canada
All of our roofing products are tested at independent laboratories recognized by the Canadian Construction Materials Council (CCMC), the ICC (USA), and listed by QAI.
- Super durable
Vulcanized rubber is known for its shock-absorbing qualities. A Vermont Slate roof is made largely from recycled rubber tires: super-durable but lighter than slate.
- Hail proof
A Vermont Slate roof offers the highest official hail-proof rating in the industry: Class 4 UL2218.
- Unbeatable warranty
You receive a generous non-prorated lifetime warranty that protects against damage from hailstones up to two inches in diameter for 50 years.
- Insurance benefits
Your roof should qualify for the maximum insurance discount available for hail impact from insurers, which will help offset some of the installation costs.
- Environmentally friendly
A Vermont Slate roof is made almost entirely from recycled rubber tires, with each roof saving hundreds of tires from landfills.
- Affordable quality
Vermont Slate roofs are less expensive to install than slate and represent outstanding value when you also consider how long they last.
- Value-adding beauty
Because a Vermont Slate roof closely emulates the authentic appearance of slate, the curb appeal it brings to your home also adds value to it.
- Available across North America
An authorized Euroshield® dealer is not far away, wherever you are in North America. Find the nearest installer for a free no-obligation quote.
Vermont Slate vs. Vermont Slate HP
To the naked eye, there is almost no difference between a Vermont Slate roof and a Vermont Slate HP roof.
From the visible front face of the roof, the two types are virtually identical.
The key differences lie in:
- The interior design and construction of the panels
- The warrantied level of protection from hail they provide, and
- The price – they have similar looks and general performance but Vermont Slate comes in at a lower price point than Vermont Slate HP
With the Vermont Slate roof, the chambers on the backside of the panels are hollowed out more than with the HP version, making each panel around 1.2lbs lighter.
If you are looking for a 50-year warranty that protects you against any size hail for the first 20 years of the roof’s life, choose the Vermont Slate HP.
The extra-robust design of the panels goes well beyond industry standards on hail proof roofs and is specifically designed to withstand impact from any size hail.
Vermont Slate roofs come with a 50-year warranty against a hail of up to two inches in diameter, which is still one of the leading warranties in the industry.
We are able to offer this high level of performance and industry-leading protection because of the proprietary composition of materials used to manufacture our roofing products at Euroshield®.
Main features of Vermont Slate roofs
- Recycled rubber – Panels made from approximately 70% recycled tire rubber and a total of 95% recycled content.
- Slate-like appearance – The authentic look of premium slate, engineered with the finely textured surface and edge detailing that accurately depicts natural slate
- Easy to install – A convenient panel-form with row markers and nail hole guides for a more efficient installation process than other premium roofing products
- Panel arrangement – Offered as a 40” x 20”, five-section, closed key-way panel with a half-inch butt edge profile and a nine-inch exposure to the weather
- Sophisticated locking system – The butt edge locking system provides superior wind performance compared to other roofing materials
- Lightweight – Materials are much lighter than natural slate, approximately 240lbs/square, aiding installation and saving you money
- Available in four colours – Brown, black, grey and driftwood (a premium colour available at additional cost)
- Recyclable – The panels themselves and any scrap material from the roofing installation can be recycled
Which types of roofs are suited to rubber?
All of our rubber panels are suitable for the following types of roofs:
We have a verified Euroshield installer in all cities across North America. Our process is simple:
- SEARCH for a contractor near you by using our Find an Installer tool
- CONTACT your preferred installer directly and receive a project quote
- INSTALLATION of your roof as agreed with your contractor
- WARRANTY – submit your transferable limited lifetime warranty and never worry about your roof again!
In the Calgary area?
Stop by our showroom and see our roofing products first-hand. Or feel free to contact us Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm at (403) 215-3333 for further assistance.
Why choose Euroshield®?
- Made from 95% recycled material (rubber tires)[/icon]
- Extremely durable
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Resistant to hail
- Potentially lower insurance premiums
- Generous transferable warranties (non-prorated)
- Sound deadening & insulating
- The affordable permanent roofing solution
- Adds value to your home
- Aesthetically pleasing
Rubber tires are made to be highly durable and withstand extreme weather conditions.
This is why we back Euroshield® roofing products to stand the test of time.
All Euroshield roofing products carry a generous hail warranty that provides you with the peace of mind that your roof will withstand whatever the conditions throw at it.
You can also register for your limited lifetime warranty with our warranty forms here.Contact Us
Both beauty and performance
All the aesthetics of slate combined with the performance of rubber.
The Vermont Slate roof gives you the best of both worlds, adding the curb appeal value of real slate with the superior performance of Euroshield® rubber.
This provides the peace of mind that you’ve installed a roof that will last and hold its value. And you have another “box to tick” in that your roof is eco-friendly.
Any questions? We’d be happy to help you out here if they’re not answered in the FAQs below.
If you have any questions regarding our eco-friendly rubber roofs, we’d be happy to answer your questions.