Slate roofs have always been highly sought after across North America for their hint of old-world European luxury, rugged elegance, and longevity.
However, the true quality of a slate roof depends greatly on where the slate was quarried. Some unsuspecting homeowners install lower-quality slate roofs that are more susceptible to wear and tear and damage than they imagine.
Other challenges with installing a slate roof include its expense, its weight in transit, the extra truss supports required due to the weight, and its fragility when cutting, nailing and walking on. Sloughing snow and hail in some areas create additional problems.
With a slate roof made from rubber, you don’t need to worry about any of this.
Why did Euroshield create Rundle Slate?
Rundle Slate provides the appeal of upscale, extra-thick, chiselled-edge slate but with the relative lightness of rubber and the guaranteed durability of a roof that will last a lifetime – all at a significantly lower cost than real slate.
Euroshield® rubber roofs are manufactured from 95% recycled materials, using the highest quality virgin crumb rubber derived from recycled tires.
So, with Rundle Slate, you get the personal satisfaction of saving hundreds of tires from ending up in our landfills while the neighbours and passersby admire your luxurious authentic slate roof!Download Rundle Slate brochure
Why choose a Rundle Slate roof for your home or business?
When we designed Rundle Slate, we looked to balance the highly-sought-after chiselled opulence of authentic slate with the practicality of an extremely durable, eco-friendly roofing material that would last a lifetime.
It’s this blend of superior luxury with durability that makes a Rundle Slate roof the smart choice for home and business owners in North America.
Whether you’re in a sun-drenched state with high UV exposure, regularly experience heavy rain or hail storms battering your property, or you must deal with the freezing temperatures of the north, a Rundle
Slate roof will maintain its curb appeal and integrity.
Remember, our roofs are made largely from recycled, vulcanized tire rubber, with its well-documented durability and superior impact-resistance. So, it should not be surprising that our roofs are backed with unbeatable warranties regardless of the climatic conditions in your area.
Rundle Slate provides the elegance, thick chiselled edges, and fine-grain features of authentic slate while also offering premium protection:
- Hailstone protection with unmatched Class 4 UL2218 Impact resistance
- A 50-year warranty, which includes resistance to hail* (see warranty for details)
- Wind testing to 160 mph for two hours of continuous exposure at PRI Labs in Tampa, Florida
- Increased amounts of carbon black with the ability to absorb otherwise damaging ultraviolet rays
We offer this level of protection despite the weight of Rundle Slate being more akin to asphalt shingles than traditional slate.
This makes them much easier to install than real slate, aided by our sophisticated locking panel system, and this ultimately saves you money.
Once in place, your roof is virtually maintenance-free, meaning there’s no need to scale a ladder to check for damage after a heavy storm.Find An Installer
Benefits of a Rundle Slate roof
- Independently tested in the US and Canada
All of our roofing products are tested at independent laboratories recognized by the Canadian Construction Materials Council (CCMC), the ICC (USA), and listed by QAI.
- Super durable
Vulcanized rubber is known for its shock-absorbing qualities. A Rundle Slate roof is made largely from recycled rubber tires: super-durable but lighter than slate.
- Hail proof
A Rundle Slate roof offers the highest official hail-proof rating in the industry: Class 4 UL2218.
- Unbeatable warranty
You receive a generous non-prorated lifetime warranty that protects against damage from hailstones up to two inches in diameter for 50 years.
- Insurance benefits
Your roof should qualify for the maximum insurance discount available for hail impact from insurers, which will help offset some of the installation costs.
- Environmentally friendly
A Rundle Slate roof is made almost entirely from recycled rubber tires, with each roof saving hundreds of tires from landfills.
- Affordable luxury
Rundle Slate roofs offer the rich elegance of real slate but are less expensive to install and represent outstanding value when you consider how long they last.
- Value-adding elegance
Because a Rundle Slate roof closely emulates the opulent appearance of slate, the curb appeal it brings to your home also adds value to it.
- Available across North America
Wherever your home or business is located in North America, there is an authorized Euroshield® dealer not far away. Find the nearest installer for a free no-obligation quote.
At Euroshield®, our standards are higher.
A Rundle Slate roof is the perfect marriage of the elegance you can see, the quality you can feel, and the durability you can trust. Get in touch to find out if this is the right roofing option for your home!
Main features of Rundle Slate roofs
- Recycled rubber – Panels made from approximately 70% recycled tire rubber and a total of 95% recycled content.
- Slate-like appearance – The authentic look of premium slate, engineered with the finely textured surface and edge detailing that accurately depicts natural slate.
- Easy to install – A convenient panel-form with row markers and nail hole guides for a more efficient installation process than other premium roofing products.
- Panel arrangement – Offered as a 36” x 22.5”, three-section, closed key-way panel with a three-quarter-inch butt edge profile and a 10-inch exposure to the weather.
- Sophisticated locking system – The sophisticated locking system provides superior wind performance compared to other roofing materials.
- Lightweight – Materials are much lighter than natural slate, approximately 3.4 lbs/sq.ft (340 lbs/square), aiding installation and saving you money.
- Available in three colour-blends – Brown, black, and grey.
- Recyclable – the panels themselves and any scrap material from the roofing installation can be recycled.
Rundle Slate vs. Vermont Slate
From a performance perspective, these two types of slate roofs are virtually identical. The only differences are the following:
- Aesthetics: Rundle Slate offers a thicker edge profile, giving it a cleft look while Vermont Slate has a thinner profile with more emphasis on surface grain texture.
- The price: Although they offer similar performance levels, the extra aesthetic appeal of Rundle Slate and its higher production costs bring it to a higher price point than Vermont Slate.
Both slates closely emulate the appearance of authentic slate but each does so in their own unique way.
If you are looking for a more traditional slate look with uniform texture, choose the Vermont Slate roof.
Rundle Slate panels are designed with coarser edge textures and greater thickness resulting in stronger shadow lines. This tends to give Rundle Slate roofs greater character and a more luxurious appeal.
So, if you prefer a rougher edge texture with the extra opulence of a thicker hewn look, choose the Rundle Slate for your roof.
Which types of roofs are suited to rubber?
All of our rubber panels are suitable for the following types of roofs:
We have a verified Euroshield installer in all cities across North America. Our process is simple:
- SEARCH for a contractor near you by using our Find an Installer tool
- CONTACT your preferred installer directly and receive a project quote
- INSTALLATION of your roof as agreed with your contractor
- WARRANTY – submit your transferable limited lifetime warranty and never worry about your roof again!
In the Calgary area?
Stop by our showroom and see our roofing products first-hand. Or feel free to contact us Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm at (403) 215-3333 for further assistance.
Why choose Euroshield®?
- Made from 95% recycled material (rubber tires)[/icon]
- Extremely durable
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Resistant to hail
- Potentially lower insurance premiums
- Generous transferable warranties (non-prorated)
- Sound deadening & insulating
- The affordable permanent roofing solution
- Adds value to your home
- Aesthetically pleasing
Rubber tires are made to be highly durable and withstand extreme weather conditions.
This is why we back Euroshield® roofing products to stand the test of time.
All Euroshield roofing products carry a generous hail warranty that provides you with the peace of mind that your roof will withstand whatever the conditions throw at it.
You can also register for your limited lifetime warranty with our warranty forms here.Contact Us
Elegance and performance
Rundle Slate roofs provide the premium elegance and curb appeal of real slate AND the superior performance of Euroshield® rubber.
As a home or business owner, you enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’ve installed a roof that will last a lifetime, hold its value, and save countless tires from landfills.
Any questions? We’d be happy to help you out here if they’re not answered in the FAQs below.