Ranchlands Shake from Euroshield® combines the timeless and upscale appeal of authentic, thick hand-split wood shake with the strength and durability that will last a lifetime.
Manufactured from 95% recycled materials and using the highest quality virgin crumb rubber from recycled tires, Ranchlands Shake roofs provide the sought-after aesthetics of fine shake without the issues that typically affect shake roofs like cracking, rotting, curling, fading from UV rays, algae, mould, and extra weight from moisture absorption.
This, combined with its industry-leading impact resistance and its virtually maintenance-free quality makes it a natural choice for home and business owners across North America.
Ranchlands Shake brings peace of mind that the roof over your head will last a lifetime as well as the satisfaction of contributing to the health of the environment by saving hundreds of tires from ending up in our landfills.
Why did Euroshield create Ranchlands Shake?
With the abundance of lumber around the US and Canada since Colonial times, shake style roofing has been a mainstay of residential roofing for centuries.
Its enduring appeal means that it remains highly valued today for the unique appeal that only high-class wood can provide.
Fortunately, technological advances in the building industry have introduced other innovative materials that can rival the classic look of cedar shake while also overcoming some of the drawbacks and problems associated with wooden roofs, such as high costs, susceptibility to mould, etc.
The rubber shake roofs from Euroshield® were created to not only match the prestige of cedar shakes but to outperform it and do its bit for the environment too.
Ranchlands Shake has a thicker edge profile than Beaumont Shake. It offers a dimensionally enhanced look that is preferred by some homeowners with a more defined shadow line from its longer exposure, compared to the more uniform look in the Beaumont Shake.Download Ranchlands Shake brochure
Why choose a Ranchlands Shake roof for your home or business?
Classic shake is prized across North America for its versatility, upscale appearance, and protective qualities. You see it on all types of homes from traditional farmhouses to contemporary city dwellings.
Ranchlands Shake embraces this versatility, while also maintaining its sought-after appearance and increasing the strength and durability.
It helps home and business owners get the balance right between aesthetics, durability, ease of maintenance, and value.
The character and rustic charm of thick, hand-split cedar shake need no introduction. Its rich, natural wood grain is perfectly replicated in our Ranchlands Shake roofs.
All roofs are virtually maintenance-free, which releases homeowners from the worry of having to regularly check for damage, as with natural cedar shake roofs.
The superior protection from the elements also makes it especially attractive for home and business owners.
In North America, roofs face a constant threat of damage from hail, high winds, heavy rains, ice, snow, UV radiation and thermal expansion from prolonged exposure to the sun.
A Ranchlands Shake roof provides:
- Hailstone protection with unmatched Class 4 UL2218 impact resistance
- A 50-year warranty, which includes resistance to hail* (see warranty for details)
- Wind testing to 160 mph for two hours of continuous exposure at PRI Labs in Tampa, Florida
- Increased amounts of carbon black with the ability to absorb otherwise damaging ultraviolet rays
Ranchlands Shake panels feature Euroshield’s Lock technology, our sophisticated, secure and cost-effective way to reap the benefits of the latest roofing technology.
Unbeatable warranty and peace of mind
Ranchlands Shake roofs come with an unbeatable warranty that underscores the peace of mind you should feel by having an almost indestructible roof over your head.
In short, you’re making a lifetime investment in quality.
A Ranchlands Shake roof is an investment in good looks, good taste and the peace of mind that comes from knowing that this is the last roof you will ever need to install on your home.
Whichever colour you opt for, your roof will add a curb appeal that will impress passersby and potential homebuyers alike.Find An Installer
Benefits of a Ranchlands Shake roof
- Independently tested in the US and Canada
All of our roofing products are tested at independent laboratories recognized by the Canadian Construction Materials Council (CCMC), the ICC (USA), and listed by QAI.
- Super durable
Vulcanized rubber is known for its shock-absorbing qualities. A Ranchlands Shake roof is made largely from recycled rubber tires, which are super-durable.
- Hail proof
A Ranchlands Shake roof offers the highest official hail-proof rating in the industry: Class 4 UL2218.
- Unbeatable warranty
You receive a generous non-prorated lifetime warranty that protects against damage from hailstones up to two inches in diameter for 50 years.
- Insurance benefits
Your roof should qualify for the maximum insurance discount available for hail impact from insurers, which will help offset some of the installation costs.
- Environmentally friendly
A Ranchlands Shake roof is made almost entirely from recycled rubber tires, with each roof saving hundreds of tires from landfills.
- Affordable quality
Ranchlands Shake roofs are generally less expensive and less labour-intensive to install than traditional cedar shakes. They also represent outstanding value when you consider how long they last.
- Value-adding beauty
Because a Ranchlands Shake roof closely emulates the authentic appearance of shake, the curb appeal it brings to your home also adds value to it.
Because rubber is so versatile, Ranchlands Shake pairs harmoniously with a wide range of other materials and is ideal for rural acreages, estates, cottages, and other homes.
- Available across North America
An authorized Euroshield® dealer is not far away, wherever you are in North America. Find the nearest installer for a free no-obligation quote.
At Euroshield®, our standards are higher.
If you want to remove the risk of hail impact damaging your roof entirely, even if a huge hailstorm hits, you choose a Vermont Slate HP roof. Get in touch to find out if this is the right roofing option for your home!
Main features of Ranchlands Shake roofs
- Recycled rubber – Panels made from approximately 70% recycled tire rubber and a total of 95% recycled content.
- Shake-like appearance – The authentic look of premium hand-split shake, engineered with the rich grain and vertical grooving that accurately depicts natural cedar shake.
- Easy to install – A convenient panel-form with row markers and nail hole guides for a more efficient installation process than other premium roofing products.
- Panel arrangement – Offered as 36” x 22.5” panels with a three-quarter-inch butt edge profile displayed as a six-section closed keyway with multi-dimensional widths and a ten-inch exposure to the weather.
- Sophisticated locking system – The integrated butt edge locking system provides superior wind performance compared to other roofing materials.
- Lightweight – Materials are lighter than a natural shake, approximately 340lbs/square, aiding installation and saving you money.
- Available in four colours – Brown, black, grey and driftwood (a premium colour available at additional cost).
- Recyclable – The panels themselves and any scrap material from the roofing installation can be recycled.
Ranchlands Shake vs Beaumont Shake
From a performance perspective, there is little difference between the Ranchlands Shake and Beaumont Shake roofs.
Both options accurately represent the rustic look of hand-split cedar shake but in their unique way.
Ranchlands Shake offers a thicker profile (three-quarters of an inch as opposed to half-an-inch) with a slightly rougher surface texture and a more wavy appearance to the “wood grain”.
The panels have a heavier shadow line than with Beaumont Shake, offering a more enhanced look.
From a pricing perspective, a Ranchlands Shake roof requires more material and time in the manufacturing process and so comes in at a slightly higher price point than Beaumont Shake.
Both types of shake roofs provide a premium, eye-catching cedar roofing look that enhances your home’s values and curb appeal.
Which types of roofs are suited to rubber?
All of our rubber panels are suitable for the following types of roofs:
We have a verified Euroshield installer in all cities across North America. Our process is simple:
- SEARCH for a contractor near you by using our Find an Installer tool
- CONTACT your preferred installer directly and receive a project quote
- INSTALLATION of your roof as agreed with your contractor
- WARRANTY – submit your transferable limited lifetime warranty and never worry about your roof again!
In the Calgary area?
Stop by our showroom and see our roofing products first-hand. Or feel free to contact us Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm at (403) 215-3333 for further assistance.
Why choose Euroshield®?
- Made from 95% recycled material (rubber tires)[/icon]
- Extremely durable
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Resistant to hail
- Potentially lower insurance premiums
- Generous transferable warranties (non-prorated)
- Sound deadening & insulating
- The affordable permanent roofing solution
- Adds value to your home
- Aesthetically pleasing
Rubber tires are made to be highly durable and withstand extreme weather conditions.
This is why we back Euroshield® roofing products to stand the test of time.
All Euroshield roofing products carry a generous hail warranty that provides you with the peace of mind that your roof will withstand whatever the conditions throw at it.
You can also register for your limited lifetime warranty with our warranty forms here.Contact Us
Unmatched performance and aesthetics
For home and business owners looking for the timeless appearance of hand-split shake but in the form of a sturdier, more durable roof that will last longer than traditional shakes, the answer is here.
A Ranchlands Shake roof provides a unique combination of premium performance, stunning aesthetics, and unmatched value.
Euroshield® eco-friendly rubber composition and the advanced technology used in the manufacturing process of each Ranchlands Shake panel provides the confidence that comes from a roof that will last and hold its value.
Any questions? We’d be happy to help you out here if they’re not answered in the FAQs below.